Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, April 09, 2010

Sarah is singing the #5 song...


Just got an email that another family ahead of us is on hold, and therefore we are bumped up to #5. I thought I would feel a lot happier about movement, but it's hard when its at the expense of another family having to hit Pause while something in life changes for them (I'm guessing). Kind of bittersweet.


So, agree with me in prayer for this family that had to go on hold. Be with them Lord, as I'm sure their expectations are much like mine, and their frustration at the length of the process is similar to mine as well. Hold them, strengthen them and encourage them in the wait.


How appropriate that Steve called earlier today and said he's taking us on a family date to the local fast food Indian place for dinner! Yeah for splurges! *Another strange God provision type of thing happened today as well. Apparently the mortgage company had been collecting too much for our taxes/insurance/etc. to put in our escrow acct.- and so they sent us a $600 check, and lowered our mortgage payment starting in June! Technically, it's just getting my own money back- but I'll take it!

5 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Yay for gettin closer:) Gidget
It helped us so much in the 17 month referral wait when we would move or get a step completed we would do a little something to celebrate!:)
Hang on you can make it!!!and when you see her face,you wouldn't change the wait for nothing!!Gidget

theheartofachild said...

Double great news! God is honoring your faithfulness!
Blessings,
Jenny

Peter and Nancy said...

I find myself doing the same thing: not wanting to feel too excited when it's kind of at another's expense . . . (And because I'm trying to remember that a family could come off hold, and I want to be ready for that.)

But I'm still glad to see movement! I'm glad you're in the "top 5!"
Nancy a.k.a. #6

Aimee said...

Yay for moving up higher on the list and for the financial blessing!

Julie & Patrick said...

I can't help but think that the walls of that babies home have to be near bursting! How exciting to know that with the temp license this means that several should be referred soon. Yes, it is hard to think that a family is on hold, but it must be for good reason and the timing is just not quite right for them. Yay! to #5

Julie R