Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Monday, April 19, 2010

Bunk Beds and Wedded Bliss...

Well, we had a whirlwind weekend. Check out my handsome family! And yes, my 3 year old is accurately depicted in this photo... Just as cheeky as you see here:My mom got married on Saturday. :) I am so excited for Mom and Charlie. My dad died 6 years ago, and Charlie's wife passed away a few years before that. They met about 3 years ago through mutual friends and have been spending practically every minute together since then... :) It brings me such joy to see my mom happy and in love, especially knowing the grief that she endured for the months and years following my dad's sudden death. They seem so well suited for each other and I love that they both love to travel, because my mom really grieved the loss of the idea that she would travel all over the world in retirement... Now she gets to revive that dream again. This is the only pic I got of them... not great, but it at least shows my mom's smiling face... Sorry, Charlie for the bad picture on the internet! :) I was amazed too, that my brother and his wife and kids showed up looking so well-rested and alert! :) Their little baby girl was born about 3 weeks ago, and they trekked the 12+ hours in the car to be there for mom's wedding. Kudos to you, Sam and Kate! I got to meet my beautiful new, red haired neice!
Our other family fun happened yesterday, on a different note, but still fun. :) The boys got their bunk beds!!!! (Although, as I type this, they're both too hyped to quiet down and my 3 year old asked to go back to his old bed for his nap... I guess we'll have to ease into the excitement.) :)And, assuming I can get my 3 year old to sucessfully calm down and sleep in the new bed, we'll have a bedroom completely freed up for our little Indian Princess. :)

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, my friend. I've been thinking about your Indian princess a lot lately. Praying you all get the call soon!

Your entirely family is beautiful! So happy for your mom and Charlie. That's just great!

Peter and Nancy said...

You and your mom both look beautiful in your dresses! Great photos of everyone. :o)

Now, if only those bunk beds weren't so exciting, maybe you'd get some sleep!
Nancy

The Pfeiffer Family said...

What exciting times for your family. A marriage, new baby, bunk beds, oh my! I think it is wonderful how God will put two people together to share their lives with when their previous loves have passed on. This was the case for my mom 13 years ago. I love your family photo! You are a gorgeous family and your boys are adorable! I am praying for new referrals to come and your little princess gets matched with your family soon.

April :-)

Julie & Patrick said...

How nice to see your mom happy...as it should be.

How exciting that now a room is freed up for another family member to join you!

Julie R

Becca said...

Sarah, you look gorgeous!!! Your fam is so stinkin' cute. :)

Tanya said...

Wow! It is so good to see your whole family, your mom & Sam! Tell him I said "Hi"!

I'm so happy for your mom and her new husband as well. What a blessing to find someone to share her life with again. She hasn't changed a bit! (And neither have you...physically!)

Blessings!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.