Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I'm a nincompoop (I think it's probably appropriate that I can't even spell it)

Well, I have had a few conversations with the Lord over the last week or so about the state of things. What I keep coming back to, over and over, is that HE IS IN CHARGE. "What man, by worrying, has ever added a day to his life?"
And, to top off my pretty intense conversations with God lately about the stability of Steve's job, the adoption process, and my expectations, was a conversation with another mom at preschool yesterday.
They started their adoption process for a little girl from China... in 2005! They still don't have their little girl.

I am officially a whiney nincompoop.

Here I am, looking at my process, that I've only been in for 6 months, and I'm whining. They've had to RE-DO their home study for a 3rd time recently, just to keep it up to date... And they don't have a referral yet...
Lord, I pray for Jeana's family. I pray that you bless them with the long-saught-after beautiful little girl they've been waiting on. Fill their hearts with your peace while they continue to wait. I pray for an abundance of hope and expectation to build within them that you are taking care of ALL of their needs and wants by your grace. Bless them with abundance and the provision necessary to complete this process...

Perspective. Thank you father God. You teach me the way I need to be taught, not the way I want to be taught.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

I know what you mean.

With that, it's still ok for you to talk to the Lord about your feelings and your heart.

When God plants the seed of love for a child in your heart, you can't help but be anxious to meet him or her. The love you have for your daughter is already there, it's just a matter of having her physical body near you to hug and love on. But the love in your mother's heart is already there.

Song of Solomon keeps coming to mind. Be encouraged and know that you and your family, as well as Jenna and her family are in my thoughts and prayers.