Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Making a Blanket. Update! Thanks for the suggestions!



Hi blogstalkers and friends,
I am making a blanket for a friend who is about to have a baby. I love making quilts like this. It's full of fun textures and colors... lightweight brown corderoy, pink furry stuff, pink fleece with fringe cut in it, plain cotton with paisley pattern, white silkey soft stuff...
So, here are some pics of the final product. Thanks to everyone who helped me determine what color/fabric to put on the back. I'm definitely not a perfectionist- (I can't stand to use patterns either) but maybe that's why I like the 'art' of sewing things for friends... It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be from the heart. ;)
Thanks for the help and encouragement, friends!

3 comments:

The Rogers Family said...

My vote is for the brown...love how the quilt is looking!

Katie said...

Well, you know me, my vote would be for the pink- I'd go for the satiny material, its very girly. I agree the fleece might be too hot. It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's megs and I think the brown would look great! Cord is such a washable fabric, and would breath better than the satin - though I agree with Katie that it would be pretty. And I think the fringe would be cute with the brown cord, too :) Post pics when you're done!