Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, February 11, 2011

Gratitude and Purple Potatoes

I made one of Aarti's recipes tonight, and then read her most recent blog post. She was talking about gratitude, and mentioned a book called One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp that I've been told more than once to read. So, as soon as I post this, I'm taking all the hints- and I'm going to buy it online with a gift card that I've been itching to spend. So, in reference to Aarti's post, I'm going to post what I'm grateful for:
I'm just full of links today... I guess I should add that I'm grateful for the internet, where I can have such amazing and instant access to some of the things for which I'm grateful! :)

Purple Mashed Potatoes! Woot, woot!
I thought I'd also post a picture from dinner last week. We found purple potatoes on sale at the grocery store and decided to make purple mashed potatoes! Awesome. So, included in this picture are several of my gratefuls (family, food, and funny things!).

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Dear Friend,

I'm so thankful for the Internet, too, because it helps us stay connected.

I've seen the book and I think there is a discussion message board at www.incourage.me (if you haven't been tho this website, you will LOVE it!). I read the first bit of Ann's book and wept. It sounds powerful and is on my To Read List.

Speaking of Marriage resources, I ~MUST~ share with you a tremendous sermon series we found by Robert Morris of Gateway church in Dallas.

http://gatewaypeople.com/sermons/65615

There are 3 sermons, and you can click through the. They're about 30 mins. each, so it doesn't take long to watch/listen, but WOW, there are some rich insighsts!

Also, you guys might be interested in the series the Eldreges did. I didn't read their "Wild at Heart" but did read the book, "Captivating." It's on the "So Good I Must Read Several Times" List. :-)

Cristy said...

Your blog is great! My husband and I are adopting from India through Dillon, and we just mailed our dossier last week. We've been practicing cooking Indian food, and I will have to try purple potatoes. Our blog is http://homefromindia.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

OMG! I love so much about this post that I don't even know where to begin!!! The gratitude, the purple potatoes, that your boys eat spinach (saw it in the photo) - every little thing! What a precious family you guys are!