Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Friends dealing with Infertility

I'm really burdened today with the thought of my friends that are battling with infertility. I was told in 2000 that I probably had PolyCystic Ovarian Disease - but that I wouldn't know for sure until I tried to start having kids.

Well, 7 years, 1 miscarriage and 2 kids later (all conceived within 6 months of trying)- I guess I don't have it.

I did have a huge battle with fear and trusting God through trying to get pregnant with both though... It is a huge inward battle. But ultimately it is God who allows both ends to meet in order for a baby to be formed.

Friends: Know that I'm praying for you. I'm praying for your heart to trust that God knows what He is doing. He is able to overcome anything that a doctor has told you- but he is also able to soften your heart to believe and hope for His ultimate plan and timing.

I also encourage you to seek Him and allow Him to grow you in all other areas while you wait. My main struggle right now with 2 kids is trying to stay in the Spirit as I walk out my daily life. It is a rare day when I don't feel like I'm going to pull my hair out trying to stay calm while 2 kids scream, cry, throw fits and food, and suck all of my 'free time' and energy out of me.

So often I want to just run away for a few hours and have silence and peace. But, I'm realizing that peace is not JUST the absence of conflict- it's the presence of God. I want THAT more than anything- screaming babies or not. :)

Hang on. He IS able, more than able...

Sing it if you need to:

He is able, more than able, to accomplish what concerns me today. He is able, more than able, to handle anything that comes my way. He is able, more than able, to do much more than I could ever dream. He is able, more than able, to make me what He wants me to be. (maranatha song)

No comments: