Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Finished the table project!

Finally finished my table project! I'm really enjoying the look! Still working on my friend's table though. For some reason the finish on hers started to bubble up with the LAST coat of lacquer! Bleh. So, hoping for a few more warm days in the garage to work on it sans children (and hubby is really hoping for me to finish so he can park his car in the garage before the weather gets yucky). :)

I'm really glad that it is finished just in time for the holidays! It made me so happy to imagine our Christmas dinner this year on a table that is big enough to fit us all (I have two more chairs that match, and the bench can seat 3)!

7 comments:

Fenwick 5 said...

Like the blog fall look and the table look is awesome,wanna come help me out,LOL:). Our garage needs a final cleaning before the cold gets here too. So glad you are back on board and can't wait to see your princess in your arms!! Gidget

Peter and Nancy said...

That turned out beautifully! And I also like the candid lunch shot of your guys. :o) I missed my window for repainting our shutters . . . too cold here already!
Nancy

Katie said...

Sarah, it looks amazing! Cute pic of the boys, too. How did you like the HVLP gun?

theheartofachild said...

You are so talented! LOVE IT!!!
Jenny

SarahinOK said...

@Katie- the hvlp gun was a blessing and a curse... :) it was soo easy to use and sOOOO hard to clean up and get usable for a 2nd usage... The verdict is out on whether the gun was to blame or the painter... :) Alls well that ends well though- and the set is finished. I still need to do Brandi's chairs though and finish her table top again... :) My goal is to have it all done by Thanksgiving but that might be a bit of a stretch since Andy's birthday party is this Saturday...

Sohailah said...

Hey - what did this table look like before?

SummerRatz said...

I don't remember what it looked like before, but it looks like a pottery barn table now! Great job! And the boys are lookin' great too! ; )