Lilypie Waiting to adopt Ticker

Friday, September 12, 2008

Donate your frequent flyer miles?

(I grabbed this image from someone's flikr page... I can't wait to meet my own sweet pea!)
Ok- so I'm looking into all possible areas of saving money for the adoption, and I realized... what if we were able to accrue enough frequent flyer miles to redeem toward part of our flight to go pick up our child? That would be amazing- and would save us a considerable amount of money at the end of our adoption journey!
Update as of 11/19/2008- I found out that it costs a significant amount to even
'give' your miles to us *Around $200 for 25K (the equivalent of a domestic ticket)! What a bummer! If you're still willing, that would be great- but it looks like unless you've got enough to redeem for 2 tickets to India and back, we'll need to go another route... :) So, calling all friends with 150,000 frequent flyer miles... :) wanna redeem your miles for two tickets to India for your friends? :)

So- if you stumble upon this blog and want to help- email me and we'll see how to do it... Maybe you have just enough miles accrued to get us bumped up to where we have enough for a flight? I imagine that there are a lot of us out there who have a small amount of miles- but not enough to redeem... so maybe if you don't have plans for accruing more, you could donate them toward a good cause. :) It takes a minimum of 25,000 miles with most airlines for a flight... 75K for an international flight (at least that's what it used to be).

Anyway- I don't know if it would work- but hey, it's worth a try...

"A generous man will prosper; he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25

2 comments:

Aimee said...

I'm curious if you've checked out the organizations that Stephen Curtis & Mary Beth Chapman are part of. If not, here are some links and info I found:

http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ado_applicationstart

http://members.shaohannahshope.org/site/PageServer?pagename=ado_assistance

http://www.awaa.org/faq/#anchor12

I put the links that specifically listed financial assistance... the regular websites have a lot of info, too. Of course, you may already know about these sites. :-)

The only miles I have are with Delta... I wonder if they have a partnership with any of your airlines?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.